Senior Research Scientist, Robotics Engineering
At Boston Fusion, we recognize diversity is the catalyst for limitless creativity.
As a Research Scientist for Boston Fusion, you will have the opportunity to utilize your knowledge of scientific research and software engineering best practices to contribute and drive research efforts in development of autonomous and multi-agent distributed systems.
This role will lead technical teams as a Principal Investigator, contribute to and lead proposal efforts, and collaborate with project teams to solve complex technical problems that support national security.
Every day, we go above and beyond to solve complex problems, making a difference for our nation. We do this by bringing together smart, curious people with diverse life experiences who collaborate creatively to achieve innovative technological breakthroughs. We are proudly building a work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
Due to the nature of our project work, we can only consider candidates with a current US Citizenship.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Investigate fundamental topics in autonomous systems development, multi-agent distributed command and control, simulation to live drone software deployment, autonomous platform sensor fusion, and localized sensing
- Collaborate with the project team to provide technical and software design support to company research projects
- Collaborate with project/proposal team members to understand research direction and principles and provide guidance and input on technical design
- Provide technical leadership to several small or large project teams
- Provide technical mentorship to junior staff
- Utilize knowlede of current computer science theory, algorithms, and research to design solutions that meet the project requirements
- Utilize knowledge of a prefered domain area to design and implement the models developed by the scientists or others, as required
- Guide technical team on troubleshooting, debugging, and maintaining, existing software and provide solutions for improvement
- Maintain and advance knowledge of commercial and open-source off-the-shelf softwae packages, libraries, and frameworks that can be utilized in the software design
- Write software tests to validate code integrity
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with all project stakeholders
This Job is Right for You if You Have:
- PhD in Computer Science, Robotics Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in Python, Java, and/or C++
- 2+ years experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Demonstrated successful experience on large-scale programming projects
- Ability to develp solutions to a variety of technical problems with limited guidance
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work under minimal direction
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with team members
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to mentor junior staff
- Prior defense industry experience
- Current US security clearance, TS-SCI preferred