Research Scientist, Sensor Systems Performance
As a Research Scientist in the Sentient Systems directorate, you will conduct research to improve sensor and weapon systems’ performance.
- Investigate fundamental topics in artificial intelligence, machine learning, game theory, cognitive systems, data science, population modeling, and signal processing.
- Select, improve, or create physics based or statistical computational models.
- Work with project / proposal teams to identify research approaches, hypotheses to be tested, and program milestones to achieve program objectives.
- Utilize modern computer languages such as Python or C++, to develop models and test research theories.
- Collaborate with project / proposal team members to provide technical and software design support.
- Analyze results of your experiments using sound scientific principles.
- Prepare technical briefing materials/summarize technical work and progress of projects.
- Collaborate with company leadership and senior technical staff to conduct proposal research and proposal writing.
This job is right for you if you have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Development or implementation experience with modeling and analysis techniques such as artificial intelligence / machine learning, statistical modeling, or physics-based models.
- Data analysis expertise in operations research, optimization, or data visualization.
- Experience with Bayesian statistics or other advanced statistics.
- Demonstrated expertise in implementing algorithms in structured programming languages such as Python, Java, and C++
- Solid technical and proposal writing skills
- Ability and desire to mentor junior staff
- PhD in Mathematics, Computational Science, Physics, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, or similar fields
- Experience in Signal/Sensor/Image Processing
- Experience with military sensors and weapons systems